These horror tales from Ask Reddit will make you wish to erase your Uber app.
1. The driving force didn’t wish to wait in site visitors so he drove up onto the sidewalk. All of us screamed at him to get again on the street as he continued to drive down the sidewalk whereas pedestrians ran out of the way in which. He instructed us that it wasn’t a sidewalk, it was an “Uber lane.” It was a miracle he didn’t truly run anybody over
2. My Uber was new to the realm and tried to drive down a rail street observe. I requested what he was doing and he mentioned, “Oh sorry.”
three. They drove over my foot as I used to be attempting to get my baggage into the automobile.
Four. Tried to sleep with me. I needed to name Uber and report them.
5. Mentioned I appeared similar to their ex-girlfriend and requested me out to their favourite restaurant in a follow-up textual content message.
6. Rode within the entrance attributable to variety of passengers. She shifted into P each time we had been stopped at a lightweight. Then proceeded to inform us about her abusive exes and about how now she carries a loaded handgun in her purse, which was by my ft. As a result of if she ever runs into that final ex, she’s gonna shoot him.
7. Picked aside all the pieces I used to be sporting, calling me ‘trashy’ and ‘lazy’ for nonetheless being in pajamas.
eight. Requested me if I appreciated cocaine throughout the first jiffy, then proceeded to inform me about how a lot he beloved it, together with a narrative about when he’d as soon as performed crack and tried to throw himself out of a window as a result of he felt so depressed afterward. Then tried to take my quantity.
9. This Uber driver was extraordinarily inquisitive about my life. He requested me if I used to be partying or drunk. He requested me if I lived on my own and new on the town and he began speaking about how he appreciated Indian ladies… it was very uncomfortable… that night time I slept with a hammer underneath my pillow. It was so scary.
10. They drove with their knee. Even after I requested them to please to not.
11. Received pulled over for dashing and no seatbelt. Proceeded to then say he’s gotten Four seatbelt tickets and received’t ever put on one.
12. My Uber picked up another person as an alternative of me. After I known as him to inform him that wasn’t me he put the passenger on the cellphone and saved driving to the vacation spot. I needed to cancel it and I believe he dropped the passenger off at some random spot on the town. Uber wouldn’t refund my trip both.
13. She was texting and driving, yelled “fuck” as she virtually hit the curb whereas coming into the interstate, and she or he wasn’t sporting a seatbelt. We had been stoned and terrified the entire time.
14. The lady become the fallacious lane going immediately in opposition to site visitors, after which, she bought misplaced utterly, regardless of having GPS. It was a bit unnerving to say the least.
15. Took an Uber from my home to the airport for a piece journey. Received a name from my boss on the way in which in. Driver screamed at me to hold up as a result of he couldn’t hear his podcast on his headphones. My boss, who heard the insane rant, instructed the complete crew to modify to Lyft or taxis after that.
16. Uber driver was visibly drunk. Not blackout drunk, however it was apparent he was having a tough time staying in his lane. He saved veering over the yellow line, then would jerk the wheel the opposite manner, practically working us off the street just a few occasions. He additionally had an open can of Bud Mild in his cupholder. I had him drop me off just a few blocks from my precise vacation spot as a result of I didn’t wanna die that night time, rated him 1 star, and reported him. Undecided if something got here from it.
17. Informed me me gleefully that she ‘brake checks’ individuals who tailgate her, then proceeded to do it a number of occasions.
18. Saved speaking me continuous and was asking me sexual questions and saved attempting to point out me music movies on his cellphone whereas driving and drove me to the fallacious location and ended up charging me extra. Instantly gave him a 1 star.
19. Didn’t acknowledge me in any respect, had some track screaming “simply suck that dick” and “eat that pussy” on loop, and was Facebooking whereas driving.
20. Stopped on the freeway to learn street indicators… throughout rush hour… greater than as soon as.
21. I used to be taking an Uber house from the airport. The trip was good and he even insisted on dropping my baggage to the entrance door. Superior. He then requested if he may use the restroom actually fast and naturally I obliged. He wasn’t in there for greater than three minutes, however once I went to clean my fingers after, I discovered my lavatory destroyed. Shit was all around the rest room seat and simply fucking all over the place. I actually want he had simply taken greater than a minute and shat like a standard human being however the dude should have had a leaky butthole as a result of there was shit on my partitions too. A one star assessment was the naked minimal I believe.
22. She was concurrently driving for Lyft and picked up one other passenger utterly out of our manner. Then proceeded to brag about how she picked up some highschool children earlier they usually had their vacation spot set to the liquor retailer the place she purchased them liquor.
23. She had three children along with her. One within the entrance, most likely 14. A preteen within the again and a toddler, no older than three additionally within the again with no carseat. She was additionally driving erratically and reeked of weed.
24. He refused to acknowledge my presence and saved asking my husband if he thought it was high quality that he (the driving force) needed to take a 2nd spouse as a result of he believed males needs to be comfortable. My husband was not about that in any respect and mentioned that if he needed a second spouse, she deserved a second husband and the driving force flipped out and instructed us that males deserve greater than ladies and that she needs to be fulfilled by taking good care of his kids. It was extremely surreal, uncomfortable and demeaning. So yeah, a giant criticism was filed.
25. Instantly once I bought within the automobile, I used to be hit by an incense-y scent that was so sturdy it gave me an prompt headache. She spent the entire trip attempting to get me to hitch her important oil down line in a well known oil MLM. I declined politely after which firmly (I believed). We bought to my vacation spot and my head was pounding. She stopped and locked the doorways. She instructed me that she wasn’t going to let me out till I gave her my e mail tackle. I sort of chuckled and unlocked my door and she or he instantly locked it once more. Then she pressed youngster lock in order that once I tried to open the door it didn’t budge. I used to be shocked and scared, and she or he repeated that I needed to give her my e mail tackle and handed me a notepad and pen. I made one up and dashed out of there. Instantly reported her.
A few weeks later she by some means discovered me on Fb and despatched a pal request. For sure I blocked her.
26. The man fell asleep on the wheel and rear ended a automobile in entrance of us, then tried to flee, then left me in conjunction with the freeway. Ultimately I bought a 500 greenback credit score from Uber.
27. He hit a bicycle owner who was taking house a pizza slice, didn’t assist him up, didn’t purchase him a brand new pizza slice. He additionally ran a bunch of crimson lights. And requested for 5 stars on the finish
28. I used to be on a piece journey in one other metropolis, driving in to my first shift at round 5am. We had been having an informal dialog and he requested whether or not I had a boyfriend (I mentioned sure). As we had been pulling into the empty parking zone (nobody else was there but), and I used to be attempting to determine which of the buildings I used to be speculated to be in, he requested if I might go get a espresso with him as an alternative. I mentioned no, and instructed him I believed it was the constructing straight forward, however he turned the opposite manner and began circling the parking zone. He mentioned one thing about nobody else being there but so I ought to simply get espresso with him, and I mentioned no once more and requested him to only cease and let me out and I might discover my manner by foot. He let me out however then pulled right into a parking spot and lingered there till someday after I discovered my manner in.
29. After I bought into the automobile, he instantly yelled in a stern voice, “STATE YOUR ACCOUNT ID.” I take Uber virtually every day, and I do know drivers prefer to ask in your title, however I used to be so bowled over by the aggressive yelling.
As quickly as I bought into the automobile, I used to be met with essentially the most terrible scent I’ve ever skilled in my entire life. It was like one thing died in his automobile. I needed to maintain my breath all through the 20 minute trip.
Then, he drove me to the fallacious place. Two occasions. By the second time, I simply determined to stroll to my vacation spot as a result of I used to be so vexed by the scent. Earlier than I bought out, after sitting within the automobile in silence, he yelled, ‘RATE 5 STARS.” He wouldn’t unlock the door till I agreed.
30. He drove me across the fucking planet as a result of he missed street indicators and by some means bought on the freeway? I appeared up and was horrified. I requested him why we bought on the freeway and he mentioned as a result of he couldn’t flip the opposite manner as a result of there was an excessive amount of site visitors. The journey was 15 minutes however took 1 hour and a pair of minutes. It was insane. They tried to cost me for the entire journey too.
31. He drove the fallacious manner down a busy downtown Four-lane avenue on a Friday night, all whereas telling us he simply got here from the native comedy membership (which I occur to know has a 2-drink minimal on Fridays). I used to be terrified.
32. Texted and drove, tousled easy GPS instructions thrice. It’s 6 turns to my home and she or he fucked it up so dangerous. It was wild.
33. Mentioned “get in, bitch” as I used to be strolling as much as the automobile. Then once I bought within the again he began mouthing off to the man beside him at a crimson mild. Informed him he’s fucked and gave him 1 star.
34. Determined to smoke a cigarette with all of the home windows rolled up.
35. He swiped my boyfriend’s truck when he dropped us off. I knew he was coming too shut and yep scraped the aspect of it. My BF was soooo mad however Uber paid out.