1. It’s not possible to discover a banquet corridor with minimums that give you the results you want. While you’re solely inviting fifty or sixty folks to your marriage ceremony, you’re going to be turned down by venues who aren’t thinking about holding your reception. The much less folks you invite, the much less cash they make. Meaning your solely choices are going to be small eating places and backrooms at bars — which is an issue once you’ve at all times dreamed of holding your marriage ceremony in a banquet corridor with a sprawling dance ground and DJ.
2. Individuals are going to be offended they aren’t invited. Should you don’t invite youngsters, somebody will likely be irritated. Should you don’t invite an aunt you haven’t seen in ten years who isn’t even buddies with you on social media, somebody will likely be irritated. You’d assume folks could be kinder to you as your marriage ceremony day approaches — however that’s not the case. While you get married, you’re going to piss folks off.
three. You’re not going to be saving as a lot cash as you assume. Weddings are costly. Though you may not be spending as a lot cash on meals and a cake as your pals who had 300+ weddings, you’re nonetheless going to have to rent a photographer and purchase a gown and buy flowers and determine your transportation. When you have your coronary heart set on a ‘conventional marriage ceremony’ you’re nonetheless going to be spending a fortune irrespective of how small your visitor checklist is.
four. You’ll get severely upset at any time when somebody turns down their invitation. Should you invited lots of of individuals, it wouldn’t be that large of a deal if a dozen of them determined they weren’t going to fly out to see you. You wouldn’t even discover them lacking. However you’re solely inviting the individuals who imply essentially the most to you, so when somebody turns you down, it looks like an enormous deal. You’re taking it to coronary heart since you actually needed them there.
5. Your marriage ceremony celebration will take up many of the visitor checklist. The general public in your marriage ceremony are going to be standing on the alter beside you. You’re not going to have too many seats within the viewers crammed, however that’s okay, since you don’t wish to invite random folks simply to create an even bigger crowd. You don’t need close to strangers at your personal marriage ceremony.
6. You are worried about unusual little issues. You are worried the dance ground will likely be empty since there aren’t many individuals invited. You are worried folks will go away early as a result of they aren’t having any enjoyable. You are worried the day gained’t really feel as particular since there aren’t many individuals to rejoice with you.
7. There will likely be a second once you wonder if it is best to have made extra buddies. Some folks assume you’re having an intimate marriage ceremony to economize or to maintain issues low-key. When the actual purpose is that you simply don’t have that many shut family and friends members, you begin to marvel if one thing is flawed with you. You wonder if you’re pathetic for having such a small marriage ceremony. You wonder if it is best to have made extra buddies all through your life.
After all, on the finish of the day, you notice your high quality of friendships is rather more essential than the amount. You notice you’re fortunate to be marrying your finest pal. Nothing else actually issues.